Centre for Computational Finance and Economics
University of Essex
This page contains links to news at the Centre.
Please visit our official site for full contents:
For the University's Chinese website, see 埃塞克斯大学.
The Centre for Computational Finance and Economic Agents (CCFEA) is an innovative, interdisciplinary and laboratory based teaching and research centre.
It applies cutting edge computational and evolutionary methods to analyse and simulate markets and to design real time trading and risk management systems.
CCFEA hosts advanced workshops and seminars by experts in the area of Computational Finance and Economics.
The Centre currently has over 50 Masters and PhD students.
The Centre is the first to offer MSc Computational Finance, MSc High-Frequency Finance and Trading, MSc Financial Software Engineering and PhD Computational Finance in the UK.
CCFEA will remain committed to being a pioneer at the leading edge of artificial intelligence based modelling of markets with operationally relevant features.
In addition to the pursuit of theoretical aspects of the subject, strong industry links are sought via links to City firms and central banks.
A number of CCFEA PhD students have industry internships.
CCFEA staff and alumni are currently defining the subject area through research links, publications and invited talks at high profile academic and industry workshops and conferences.
CCFEA MSc class 2016-17 photo
- Congratulations to Tao Ran for passing his viva in July 2018
- Congratulations to Jorge Faleiro, who has passed his viva (subject to minor corrections) in June 2018
- Congratulations to Dr Ao Han for his PhD success in July 2018
- Congratulations to Dr Amer Bakhach for his PhD success in January 2018
- Interview of 2016-17 CCFEA students (video)
This video is uploaded to Youku (China): 埃塞克斯大学计算机金融硕士课程学生感言
Special thanks to Jicheng Zhang, Ji Qi, Di Li, Mengying Li and Xiongren Chen (in order of appearance on the video)
- Nora Alkhamees and Adesola Adegboye have won the Lykke Best Student Presentation Prize 2017
- Get well messages to John O'Hara by students - more messages are welcome!
- MSc Class 2016-17 photo
- Bejamin Scharpf wins the Amadeo Alentorn Prize
for producing the best report on Dr Alentorn's lecture on 10th March 2017
- Cyriac Kodath wins the Rafael Velasco Prize
for producing the best report on Dr Velasco's lecture on 24th February 2017
- Photo with CF963 students, 16th December 2016
- James Butler, founding member of the EDDIE project, published a
book on machine learning and algorithmic trading.
James will be giving a Expert Lecture in Finance
- Call for submissions, Lykke Outstanding MSc Dissertation Prize, 2016
- Photo from visit by Biliana (CCFEA Alumnus), 18 November 2016
- Weibo interview 微博校友采访|苗扉 (in Chinese), 28 October 2016
- PhD success: Vince Vella passed his PhD subject to minor corrections on 29th August 2016!
- Photos from congregation 14th July 2016
- PhD success: Hwayoung Lee passed his PhD subject to minor corrections on 9th June 2016!
- PhD success: David Norman passed his PhD subject to minor corrections on 9th May 2016!
- Pouyan Dinarvand has won the
Best MSc Project Presentation Prize, 2016
- A BIG thanks to Bo Gu, Bingyu Li, Sanhanat Paniangton and Jiayi Zhou for
- Photos, Visit by Xibei University, 23rd February, 2016
- Workshop on High Frequency Finance
- Marco Nolivari has won an The Best MSc Project Prize, 2015
- Sanhanat Paniangtong (Nat) has won an
Outstanding MSc Dissertation and Presentation Prize, 2015
- New book by CCFEA Alumni:
Analyzing the Economics of Financial Market Infrastructures, Martin Diehl (Deutsche Bundesbank, Germany),
Biliana Alexandrova-Kabadjova (Banco de México, Mexico), Richard Heuver (De Nederlandsche Bank, The Netherlands) and
Serafín Martínez-Jaramillo (Banco de México, Mexico), 2015
- Photos from congregation 2015
- Essex alumnus Miao Fei revolutionizes web advertising with his new company
点赞 Dianzan, 2015
- Nobel Prize winner
(alumnus, Economics Department)
12 June 2015 on "The euro crisis – what have we learned and what can be done?"
- PhD success, Mateusz Gathowski, 2015
For prospective students:
Page maintained by
Edward Tsang (Director);